Saturday, August 09, 2008

School's In!

School has started, and everything is going well so far.  Scheduling is crazy, with one child close to the house but having frequent band practices, the other child all the way across town (Kindergarten!), and my school (work) somewhere off to the side.  I will add my school (grad school classes) in a whole 'nother town on the 18th.  I will go Monday and Tuesday nights, and all three classes should be easy & fun.  They probably will not be as much work as the ones I have had the last three semesters.

I have been participating in Ravelympics 2008, on two teams.  I am spinning 4 oz. of a lovely purple merino in the Handspun Heptathalon event, for Team Splurk (spinning + Plurk).  I am also trying to finish Lorelei's log cabin blankie that I started . . . umm, five years ago.  That is in the WIP Wrestling event, for Team Red Sox Nation.  For those of you non-knitters, WIP stands for "work in progress."  

Also for those of you who don't know, Plurk is a great time-waster.  It is like Twitter, only better.  At least that's the consensus of what I have seen from people who use both.  Of course, now that school has started I haven't had time to Plurk much.

No comments: