Saturday, August 12, 2006

New Life, New Projects

OTN:
1. the THIRD of the attempts at a fingerless glove that will fit my sil
2. a sampler - feather & fan & other patterns - it will eventually be a blanket for one of Miss Priss' stuffed animals, but I'm using it to play with patterns. Plus I'm mesmerised watching it - the yarn is SO ugly! Orange, peach, brown, and white. Very '70's acrylic. Yech. I keep thinking of 30 year old kitchen color schemes...
3. I cast on with the lovely brown & beige wool/acrylic blend from my vacation purchases, hoping to make a small bag. Well, I cast on too many stitches, the seed stitch at the top is wider than the knitting on the bag, and I think I'm going to run out of yarn. I may end up with a bag 8" in diameter and 6" deep - not even a bag, really. I see ripping in the future. But for now, I knit on!

The post title:
I have started a new program. Not a diet, but a program designed to help you change your habits gradually so that you can live 'in the real world' without constantly dieting. There are lots of tools and resources, and it's all free! I haven't seen anything like this for less than $20-$30 every month or two. If anyone's interested, send me your email and I'll send you an invite. Anything that has kept me motivated this long has got to be pretty good.

I discovered that I can wind yarn into balls while on the gazelle. Anything to distract me from the fact that I'm exercising!

No comments: