Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ugh. Sick.

I am out of bed long enough to make some chicken noodle soup. And type a quick post while it heats.

On the needles:
I am making my own sock pattern and using some odd yarn - I don't even remember where I got it. It must have been on sale, because the label says $8.95 and if I paid that much for a ball of sock yarn, I'd remember it. I have two or three balls and the label says "Steinbach Wolle, Strapaz, Norweger Ringel." Whatever that means.
Have turned the heel and am decreasing along the instep on the first sock now. I have to remember that I did 45 rows before the heel flap - I really should be writing this down somewhere.

Also working on cabled fingerless gloves - another self devised pattern, and the earlier mentioned yoga socks. Pictures to come.

On the nightstand:
How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill, Women's Work by Elizabeth Wayland Barber, Anasazi Boys by Neil Gaiman, and The Natural Child: Parenting from the Heart by Jan Hunt. I haven't started the Gaiman yet, I'm halfway through the other three.

On the stove:
My food! Gotta go.

No comments: