Friday, November 10, 2006

Sorry, No Pics Today!

I don't know what kind of crazy straws I have in my head. I am supposed to be in the ceramics studio getting a semester's worth of work done. Instead, what am I doing? Going to the library. I got some goodies:

Knitting - Anne Bartlett
The Birth House - Ami McKay
(both fiction that I can drop from my wish list since the library had them)
Carding, Spinning, Dyeing - Elisabeth Hoppe
Spinning & Dyeing the Natural Way - Ruth Castino
Pine Needle Basketry - Judy Mallw
Greetings from Knit Cafe - Suzan Mischer
Shibori - Wada / Rice / Barton

I am tired of spinning and taking what I get. What I get is usually lovely and very nice, but I want to know more about twist, grist, and etc. I want to be able to look at a lb of wool and say, "Okay, if I spin it to 16 wpi, I can get XXX yards." (Can people really do that?)

I have a friend who is a high school art teacher. She is teaching ceramics and crafts this year. I am hoping to do an artist-in-residence with her next year (if I can't find a teaching job). I'm okay on most crafts, but have never done basketry, hence the pine needle book.

I am plugging away on the Lush scarf, the denim socks, Mona's scarf, and a new washcloth to post later for an SP9 contest. I'll post pics when I have something to show.

I also started a fiber book - pics to come!

No comments: