Sunday, November 12, 2006

Time Wasters



As if I needed to waste more time (with the end of the semester coming up, and being hopelessly behind in a couple of classes), yesterday I cast on the above. It is only a gauge swatch. What is insane is the size:



I'm guessing that I'm going to get about 16 stitches per inch with sewing silk and size 0000 needles. What's also insane is that Eleanora of Toledo's stockings were knitted at 22 stitches per inch (although it is contested, that was a common gauge at the time).

Now, people have knit hosiery at that gauge, recently. I'm not that crazy. Just curious as to what I'd get. Since there seems to be no other reason why I would knit a swatch out of sewing silk with no intended purpose, I will chalk it up to procrastination.

No progress on anything else...

No comments: