Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Birthday Goodness

Well, I had more of a celebration yesterday than today. I got to school and found out that I had UNCONDITIONALLY passed my portfolio review. Whew! Glad that's over with. Then I checked my mail (I only check my campus mail about once a month) and I got a scholarship! I didn't even know that I was in the running. I guess I was in the system from when I applied for the Art Dept. scholarship. AND I got lots of compliments on my fingerless gloves.

Then, when I got home, this was waiting for me:



A package from my secret pal! Inside was this:



...and these:



The polka dot package was for Lorelei. She didn't waste any time:



...getting it open:



Inside was EDIBLE monster money!



She won't eat it (she won't eat any candy but chocolate, her choice), but she has fed me a couple of the pieces she has broken. She has been going through the house with her toy shopping cart 'buying' stuff with it. She was thrilled.

My goodies:



In no particular order - a Mason Dixon Ballband warshrag, some lovely french soaps, a yummy peach lip balm, a 'Knitting is Knotty' sticker, two skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk (the only silk I've ever had was a skein of recycled sari silk - this is NICE!), and a skein of Mongolian Cashmere (never had cashmere either - yay!). Thank you SO MUCH to my secret pal - this is the best! I said to my husband, "what will I do with it?" I was envisioning all kinds of possibilities, and he said, "you'll pet it and show it off to everyone and roll it into balls and look at it." He nailed it. He also said I'd know the project when I came across it, and I know he's right. Right now I'm just enjoying petting it and showing it off. I'll have to go through books and shop for ideas later.

In other news, my funky scarf swap pal emailed me that she finally got her scarf and the mugs I sent her. I was getting seriously worried! I'm glad she got them okay.

I have finally cast on and started the first of the sleeves for Lorelei's sweater. Got to finish it before it gets any colder.

Whew! That was a long one!

No comments: